1. You're a big hit in the Twitter world. Why do you think that your charming personality fits so well with Twitter?
ALL-CAPS GET ANNOYING WHEN OVERUSED, BUT 140-CHARACTER LIMIT SHORT ENOUGH TO BE CUTE. HULK DIALECT LEAVE OUT MANY WORDS, SO VERY EFFICIENT FOR TWITTER. HULK ALSO PLAY ON IDEA OF GRAMMAR POLICE--PEOPLE EXPECT GRAMMARIANS/EDITORS TO SHOUT ABOUT ERRORS, SO HULK TAKE IT STEP FURTHER AND SMASH THEM!
2. Why do you think grammar is important?
GOOD GRAMMAR IMPROVE COMMUNICATION. CLEAR COMMUNICATION LEAD TO WORLD PEACE. HULK ALSO LOVE LINGUISTIC HISTORY. VESTIGIAL GRAMMAR TELL US FASCINATING THINGS ABOUT LANGUAGE ROOTS.
3. You write in a very specific style. What makes your tweets GRAMMAR HULK tweets (aside from the all caps)?
HULK USE HULK DIALECT, WHICH HAVE ITS OWN UNIQUE GRAMMAR. HULK'S PREFERRED PRONOUN IS "HULK"; THIS LEAD TO ECCENTRIC BLEND OF FIRST AND THIRD PERSON. HULK DIALECT ALSO ESCHEW ARTICLES AND FORMS OF "TO BE," DO FUNNY THINGS WITH VERB CONJUGATION, AND PAY ALMOST NO ATTENTION TO GENDER.
4. You're a physically intimidating guy. (Just look at those bulging muscles!)
Some people might be surprised to know that you have a soft side when it comes to making mistakes.
Can you describe your stance on errors in writing?
ALL WRITERS MAKE ERRORS. THAT WHY EDITORS LIKE HULK HAVE JOBS--AND IT WHY COPYEDITED MANUSCRIPT GO TO PROOFREADER, BECAUSE EDITORS MAKE ERRORS TOO. DRAFT ALWAYS HAVE ERRORS. GOAL IS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING INTO FINAL PRODUCT.
THAT SAID, HULK HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR WRITERS WHO PUT ENTIRE BURDEN OF CLEAR COMMUNICATION ON EDITOR. "ALL WRITERS MAKE ERRORS" NO EXCUSE FOR SLOPPY WRITING. HULK ENCOURAGE ALL WRITERS TO IDENTIFY VERBAL TICS AND COMMON ERRORS, LEARN TO AVOID THEM, BUY CHOCOLATE FOR EDITORS WHO DO GOOD WORK. (HULK LIKE DARK CHOCOLATE, FOR RECORD.)
5. Language and grammar naturally change over time as language changes and evolves. Do you see these changes as being negative or positive?
THAT LIKE ASKING WHETHER HULK FIND TREE OR FLOWER NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE. CHANGE HAPPEN WHETHER WE LIKE OR NOT. HULK NOT SEE POINT TO PUTTING VALUE JUDGMENT ON IT. HULK NEUTRAL OBSERVER. IF PRESSED FOR ADJECTIVES, HULK CALL LANGUAGE CHANGE INTRIGUING, COMPELLING, EDUCATIONAL, BEAUTIFUL.
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
HULK USED TO BUT OVER TIME HULK HAS MELLOWED OUT. HULK'S ONLY REMAINING PEEVES: SLOPPINESS AND LAZINESS. SEE ABOVE.
7. Random Question: What do you eat for breakfast?
HULK LIKE GINGER "JUST CLUSTERS" GRANOLA FROM TRADER JOE'S.
8. Is there anything that I haven't asked you about that you think is important or worth talking about?
HULK APPRECIATE ATTITUDE OF "GRAMMAR ROCKS!*" BECAUSE HULK THINK TOO MANY PEOPLE SEE GRAMMAR AS INTIMIDATING AND SCARY, SEE GRAMMARIANS AS MEAN, STUFFY AUTHORITARIANS GRIMLY ENFORCING INCOMPREHENSIBLE RULES. HULK THINK GRAMMAR FUN! HULK PLAY WITH GRAMMAR AND WORDS, ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO SAME.