Would you like to teach grammar but you don't know grammar yourself?
Are you self-conscious because you never learned grammar?
These easy-to-follow lessons will build your confidence and allow you to
teach or learn grammar like a pro. I'll make it really easy on you! Our systematic approach teaches you (and your students) grammar through sentence diagramming, and our videos bring the lessons to life with the click of a button.
The explanations are delightfully clear and concise and your enthusiasm is contagious! We are honestly ENJOYING grammar! Yay!
- Pam, Homeschooler
My grades improved drastically as a result of your lessons.
- Martin, University Student
My students are fighting over who
gets to diagram the sentence on the board when they walk into the
classroom. It is a joy to see.
- Tracy, Classroom Teacher
What Makes This Program Awesome?
- Get Smart consists of daily, accessible mini-lessons that start from the very beginning and gradually get more complex.
My daughter is no longer stressed.
- Rick, Parent
I have been homeschooling for six years and haven't found a program that is so easy and effective.
- Holly, Homeschool Mom
- The lessons are short and sweet because I know that you're a busy person.
- You'll learn how to diagram every concept. This makes grammar visual
and fun. Creating sentence diagrams is like solving puzzles.
- You'll get periodic quizzes and answer keys so you can easily check for comprehension.
- I wrote it for you, so it's not stuffy or boring.
School-Based, Per Teacher $149
year and a half into using your grammar curriculum, and I am so
impressed with it. I've found success with both honors and non-honors
students alike. Thank you for creating such a user-friendly and
- Kate, Teacher
Thank you for making a stress-free way to learn grammar.
- Kim, Homeschool Mom
Teachers, Parents, & Tutors
I've been a teacher, and I know that prepping lessons isn't fun. (That's especially true when you're prepping for topics that you don't understand or like!)
These lessons are laid out for you in a really accessible way. You won't have to worry about preparing grammar lessons, and you'll know that you're teaching your students as they should be taught.
You won't have to worry about knowing everything either. This program will teach YOU grammar too. In fact, you don't have to know any grammar before you use this program, and you can start teaching your students right away.
All you have to do is read through the instructor lesson and exercises before your class. (It will only take a few minutes.) Then, you'll go over the student lessons with your students, and you'll all be good to go!
My eighth graders are grasping grammar better than I've ever seen. I intend to continue using this every year!
- Ann, Classroom Teacher
- Because sentence diagramming is actually fun, both you and your students will be motivated about your grammar lessons.
- You'll be a more confident teacher and person as you yourself learn grammar and sentence diagramming.
promise not to bog you down with pages of boring and unnecessary
information. I've included exactly what you need and not a lot of fluff.
I have to tell you how much I love your product [Get Smart]. I have struggled with understanding grammar my whole life, and I felt like I was stupid because I could not memorize the rules.
I was seriously leaning towards walking away from my dream job as a college professor because of my embarrassment and fear of getting caught as being a fraud! Thank God for you! I have confidence, and I actually love grammar now. Thank you for everything!
- C., College Professor
Use this program to teach yourself grammar. It will be especially fun for you because you get to be both the teacher and the student. Yay!
You don't need to know any grammar before you get started. You'll
just go through the student lessons and complete the exercises, and then
you'll check your work with the instructor lessons.
time you're done with the program, you will actually understand
language, and you'll feel so much better about your writing.
What This Program Will Give You
- You'll understand how to diagram sentences. Diagramming is a powerful tool for using and understanding language.
- You'll remember what you learn. The visual nature of the sentence diagrams paired with the puzzle-like aspect of creating them will help you retain what you learn. Since all of the concepts build on each other, you're also continually reviewing easier concepts as you learn more difficult concepts.
- You'll be engaged. Our short videos (5-15 minutes each) teach you the concepts you need to learn without overwhelming you. Our exercises and tests give you space to practice and apply what you learn in the videos.
- You'll have the flexibility to move at your own pace. Get Smart is broken into 37 lessons (There are roughly 37 weeks in a school year). Each lesson contains a 5-15 minute video and at least five sentence diagramming exercises. You can do one lesson a week (37 weeks), or you can do one lesson a day (37 days). It's up to you. Just follow the lessons in order, and you can't go wrong.
My kids, who were not looking forward to this at all, went nuts after watching the first video. They loved your energy, and consequently they didn't miss a single lesson even though I never reminded them to do anything.
- Catherine, Homeschool Mom
- You'll receive instant digital access that never expires.
Your login information will be emailed to you within minutes of your
purchase, so you can start learning right away. Your account will remain
active forever. The videos can be streamed or downloaded, and the
written lessons and exercises may also be downloaded. You'll receive
blank student lessons to write on as well as instructor answer keys to
- You'll have the option of ordering softcover books.
You will be creating your sentence diagrams with a pencil and paper,
not online. (Read about some of the benefits of getting off the computer
here and here.)
The softcover books allow you to complete your sentence diagrams and
other work in a bound book. This means you won't have to deal
with printing out all of the lessons, and you will have an easy way to
reference your work in the future if you ever need to revisit the
material. The student workbooks are 285 pages, and the instructor book
is 335 pages.
- You'll have our support. Feel free to send us any questions that may come up as you move through the program. We're here to help.
- It's guaranteed.
Thousands of people with differing backgrounds have had success with
the Get Smart Grammar Program. We're so sure that it will help you that
we offer an unconditional, no-questions-asked, 30-day, money-back
Thank you for making this program! My
grammar-hating son, age 13, is finally mastering grammar after years of
using other homeschool programs that did nothing to make him truly
understand grammar!! Get Smart is exceptional and makes students
successful in this realm! Thank you again!
- Tammy, Homeschool Mom
School-Based, Per Teacher $149
hated grammar as a kid, and I wish I had had a teacher like you! I'm
hoping my kids will have a better experience than I did, and with your
program, I am confident that they will.
- Valerie, Homeschool Mom
- How long will I have access to the program? Forever! You'll receive access to all of the digital content minutes after your purchase, and your access never expires.
- How long does it take to go through the Get Smart Grammar Program? There are 37
lessons, and there are roughly 37 weeks in a school year, so it's pretty
easy to go through one lesson a week. People going at that pace can
expect to spend anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes a week on the course.
This amount of time can vary depending on your current level of
knowledge and the complexity of the lesson that you're on. However,
you can move
at any pace you'd like. Some people go through the whole course in just a
kids were struggling to learn grammar until we got Get Smart. Elizabeth
does an awesome job of starting small and building into it.
As a mom of more than four kids, I love the ease of hitting play and us all watching Elizabeth teach these concepts.
- Kim B., Homeschooling Mom
the videos available on DVD? I don't have a very good Internet
connection, and I'm concerned that I won't be able to use the videos. The videos are
not available as DVDs, but they are all downloadable with your access.
That means you can download them in non-peak times and play them back
whenever you'd like without any playback issues. Also, know that you don't need
to watch the videos. Each video accompanies a written lesson. You can
easily go through the program using just the written lessons if you'd
- What's the difference between the school-based and home-based programs? The programs
contain the exact same content, but the school-based version also
includes a username and password for students. This allows them to log in and view
only the student material. The
difference in price also accounts for the way we license the program to
teachers. After a teacher purchases the program, it is hers to use for
the duration of her career. There are no license renewal fees.
- Can students complete and save their work online? Nope. We know that things are digital and high-tech these days, but this is one area where you and your students get to experience the benefits of working on actual paper. Gasp!
- How does the content in the softcover books compare to what's included in the online access? The online access gives you access to everything digitally. That means you get online access to all of the downloadable videos, teacher lessons, student lesson, and quizzes. You can print all of the lessons and quizzes out if you'd like. You can also complete the exercises on loose-leaf paper if you don't want to print everything out. The softcover instructor book (335 pages) and softcover student book (285 pages) are simply printed and bound versions of the printable lessons. Since students will be completing the exercises in the lessons on paper, some people prefer to order the softcover books rather than to print everything out and try to keep it all organized.
After talking to several
other teachers, I do believe my students are now the grammar gods at our
school. These freshmen couldn't tell me the difference between a noun
and a verb when the semester started, and now they are feeling so
accomplished! Thank you for that!
- Meredith, Classroom Teacher
I am totally hooked. I'm up to lesson 10 on prepositional phrases, and I'm progressing in leaps and bounds. Honestly the program (Get Smart) has been worth every penny. Talk about confidence boosting for my TEFL course! Thank you. It is exactly what I needed!
- Jim, TEFL Student
School-Based, Per Teacher $149
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about the Get Smart Grammar Program. I hope that you'll join us!
Thank you for providing such helpful resources for grammar education. I have just completed the Get Smart Grammar Program for myself and plan to teach it to my children this summer. :)
- Esther, Parent